View, browse and sort the ever-growing list of sessions by pass type, track, and level. Filter by pass type to see which sessions your pass makes you eligible to attend.
Check back often as we will be adding more sessions and speakers frequently. Please note that session dates and times are subject to change.
Our CMWorld 2019 Mobile app has launched so you are able to build your schedule there with just a click of a button. While choosing breakout sessions is not required, sessions do fill up fast. And seating is first-come, first-served, so it is a good idea to plan out your schedule ahead of time.
Denise Roberts McKee (Chief Story Strategist, Electric Campfire StorySessions)
Location: Room 22
Date: Tuesday, September 3
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Pass Type: All Access, Main Conference Plus - Get your pass now!
Session Type: Workshop
Audience Level: All
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: All
This interactive, hands-on workshop is designed to help surface potential stories and map those stories against your audience and objectives to then determine which stories to pursue. Via individual and group exercises, you will practice storytelling techniques used by award-winning documentary filmmakers, providing the opportunity to think more creatively about your stories and apply them to your content across all channels. We will then view those stories through the lens of your audiences to create a starter concept inventory you can refer to for future development.
• Clear understanding of the make-up of compelling stories
• Tools and techniques used by professional filmmakers to surface stories
• Understanding of how those concepts map against identified audiences
• Process for identifying, surfacing and inventorying stories on an ongoing basis
• Tips for determining story resources for further research and development
• Understanding of how lessons from the entertainment industry translate to marketing storytelling