Content Marketing World is part of the Informa Connect Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.
View, browse and sort the ever-growing list of sessions by pass type, track, and format. With this Session Scheduler, you can build your schedule in advance and access it during the show via export or with the Mobile App, once live. Sessions do fill up and seating is first come, first serve, so arrive early to sessions that you would like to attend.
Michelle Garrett (Consultant , Garrett Public Relations)
Date: Friday, September 16
Time: 9:20 am - 9:50 am
Pass Type: Main Conference Plus, Main Conference, All-Access Pass, Virtual Pass
Track : Content Strategy
Session Type: Session
Audience Level: All
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: All
When it comes to working with journalists to gain interest in your content and story ideas, many are in the dark. Journalists are dwindling in numbers, but the number of people pitching them only seems to be growing. For example, it's estimated there are six public relations practitioners for every journalist . In this environment, what can you do to stand out? What are the best practices for reaching out to reporters? What tools can you use to help you get their attention? How can you develop the relationships that will help you land media coverage? We'll address these points and more in this 20-minute session that will provide strategies, tips and tools so that you can make the most of every piece of content you create.
You will learn:
1) The best techniques to reach journalists in today's noisy environment where it seems everyone is trying to get their attention.
2) How you can create a pitch that stands out in the sea of pitches a journalist receives each week.
3) Tools you can use to help you research and engage with journalists.
4) How to leverage social media to help.
5) Tips provided by journalists themselves to help you increase your odds of getting noticed.