View, browse and sort the ever-growing list of sessions by pass type, track, and level. Filter by pass type to see which sessions your pass makes you eligible to attend.
Our CMWorld 2018 Mobile app is launched so you will be able to build your schedule there with just a click of a button. While choosing breakout sessions is not required, sessions do fill up fast. And seating is first-come, first-served, so it is a good idea to plan out your schedule ahead of time.
Please note that session dates and times are subject to change.
Denise Roberts McKee (COO, About Face Media Inc.)
Location: Room 25B
Date: Tuesday, September 4
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Pass type: All Access, Main Conference Plus - Get your pass now!
Session Type: Workshop
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Intermediate
Are you unsure what your company should be publishing about? Do your efforts feel scattershot—neither cohesive nor inspiring for the audience you're trying to reach? Do you long for a sense of purpose behind the stories you tell?
This interactive, hands-on workshop will help your company define its essential stories and teach you how to use those stories to energize your content marketing. Through solo and group exercises, McKee will help you examine key values inside your organization, and how to translate those values into storylines and series—what we call "story-finding."
You will also learn storytelling techniques from an award-winning documentary film company. The workshop will help you think about filmmaking concepts like story landscape, character development, and story arc. Concepts you learn will help to move you away from a marketing mindset, and get you to think more creatively about unearthing inspiring stories that your audience wants to watch and share.
- What critical ingredients make up a well-told story?
- The story-finding process, including defining your company's story DNA.
- How storytelling structures produce memorable, high-impact messages.
- Advice on getting started in different story formats and what to expect from the process—including developing a strategy, identifying your hero and creating a storyline.
- Examples of transformative storytelling from brands.
- McKee will share her experience in documentary films, and how lessons from the entertainment industry translate to marketing storytelling.