View, browse and sort the ever-growing list of sessions by pass type, track, and level. With this Session Scheduler, you can build your schedule in advance and access it during the show via export or with the Mobile App, once live.
Filter by pass type to see which sessions your pass makes you eligible to attend. Please note that adding a session to your agenda here does NOT guarantee you a seat. Sessions do fill up and seating is first come, first served, so it's a good idea to plan out your schedule ahead of time.
Check back often as we will be adding more sessions and speakers frequently. Please note that session dates and times are subject to change.
Denise Roberts McKee (COO, About Face Media Inc.)
Date: Tuesday, September 4
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Pass type: All Access, Main Conference Plus - Get your pass now!
Session Type: Workshop
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Intermediate
Are you unsure what your company should be publishing about? Do your efforts feel scattershot—neither cohesive nor inspiring for the audience you're trying to reach? Do you long for a sense of purpose behind the stories you tell?
This interactive, hands-on workshop will help your company define its essential stories and teach you how to use those stories to energize your content marketing. Through solo and group exercises, McKee will help you examine key values inside your organization, and how to translate those values into storylines and series—what we call "story-finding."
You will also learn storytelling techniques from an award-winning documentary film company. The workshop will help you think about filmmaking concepts like story landscape, character development, and story arc. Concepts you learn will help to move you away from a marketing mindset, and get you to think more creatively about unearthing inspiring stories that your audience wants to watch and share.
- What critical ingredients make up a well-told story?
- The story-finding process, including defining your company's story DNA.
- How storytelling structures produce memorable, high-impact messages.
- Advice on getting started in different story formats and what to expect from the process—including developing a strategy, identifying your hero and creating a storyline.
- Examples of transformative storytelling from brands.
- McKee will share her experience in documentary films, and how lessons from the entertainment industry translate to marketing storytelling.